Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A Shadow of its Former Self...


A Shadow of its Former Self... : Versoix, CH

This is what's left over when the ivy and other creeping plants die off for the winter. Also, thanks to KOB and the folks at DC Blogs who gave me a shout out this week. During my last round of residing in the D.C. area (and actually in the District), I was one of hundreds, if not thousands, of folks who belong to DC Blogs and blog(ged) in that metropolitan area. I loved it and loved photographing our nation's capital, so it's nice to be remembered by a group of friends and fellow bloggers I respect enormously!


Creeper : Versoix, CH

Photo copyright: Janet M Kincaid, 1/10

4 comments:

Mr. J said...

Really cool! I was directed here by those folks over at DCBlogs. Photogging around here is interesting to say the least.

slim said...

I really like the first image with that blue hue on the doors . . . delicate and beautifully composed.

Janet M Kincaid said...

Mr. J: Welcome! I've added your blog to my list of blogs here and will be checking back to see how you photograph one of my very favorite cities. Have you run into tripod restrictions at some of the monuments yet? Happy Photoblogging?

Slim: Thanks! I took two similar, vertical shots of this and, after some gentle persuasion, decided this was the better of the two.

Maya said...

I love these shots! Nicely done.

Why didn't they give a link to your new blog in that shout out?