Thursday, September 23, 2010

100 Strangers: Bernard

Bernard : Fruits and Veg Stand : Ferney Farmer's Market : Ferney-Voltaire, FR

One of the sights we enjoy sharing with our guests is the weekly market in Ferney. Fortunately, Rachel was here for a weekend, so we took her to the farmer's market. Coincidentally, there was also a pottery fair going on that weekend. In addition to enjoying all the market has to offer, in terms of food, we also enjoyed the work of local and national artisans. More on the latter tomorrow.

Today's post features another addition to my 100 Strangers series. This is Bernard, the guy from whom I buy most of my fruit and some of my veg. He's a great guy with a wonderful, flirtatious sense of humor and he's very patient when it comes to language shortcomings. We banter back and forth in a mix of French and English and I always learn something new every week. If you shop at the Ferney market, be sure to look for Bernard. (You can also see him at the Divonne market on Sundays.)



Photo copyright: Janet M Kincaid, 9/10

1 comment:

Maya said...

Bernard is great! Such a nice guy. I like the shot with the dog looking at you too. He's on to you! ;)