Thursday, September 9, 2010

Dinner

Decent cut of steak : Aboard the CGN Savoie : Lake Geneva, CH

One of my ongoing complaints quests is to find good beef in Europe without going broke. So far, the only decent beef I've had was either imported from Argentina or was had at Soupçon, a restaurant in Geneva. The menu for the dinner cruise on the CGN Savoie offered a New York sirloin, rather than the traditional l'entrecôte cut that is so common over here. (Eating the sole of shoe is often tastier and more tender than eating l'entrecôte. But I digress.) Having noted an American cut of steak on the menu, I figured what the heck. It wasn't too bad, but it also wasn't great.

Photo copyright: Janet M Kincaid, 9/10

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have the same complaints about steaks.. all over "our" Europe.
Have a great week.
Costas