Sunday, December 5, 2010

La Maison des Têtes

The House of Heads: NOT an Edgar Allen Poe Estate! : Colmar, FR

Rumor had it, the Christmas market in Colmar, France, in the Alsatian region, was a "must-see" among Europe's Christmas markets. Maybe I'm biased toward German Christmas markets, but I actually found Colmar's market to be underwhelming. I think I took all of one picture of the market. Market photos aside, not too far from the market was La Maison des Têtes or das Kopfhaus. In English, that's the House of Heads. Information was limited, but there's this. To see a couple more photos and the one picture I took of the Colmar market, go here.

Photo copyright: Janet M Kincaid, 11/10

3 comments:

Maya said...

This is a nice shot. I like the dusting of snow.

That Market was big, but uninspiring. And, the gluehwein came in plastic glasses! I mean REALLY!

Unknown said...

Did you eat there, or just take the photo? It's a very good restaurant, on the pricey side of course.

Janet M Kincaid said...

Maya: I know, right?! Plastic: tres, tres uncool.

Diana: No, we came home and had leftovers with y'all. Actually, I didn't realize it was a restaurant until after we got home and I looked the place up. I take it you've eaten there?