Friday, June 1, 2012

Dear Friend

Daniella : Klagenfurt, AT


After Croatia, we headed north for Austria. I lived there more than 20 years ago as a missionary. We've been in Europe three years and this was my trip back to a country I fell in love with two decades ago. Our first stop was the home of friend Daniella. She and her husband live in the Province of Carinthia (Kärnten). I lived in the village of Villach at the end of my mission. She and her family live up the road in a subdivision of the city of Klagenfurt, the capital of the province.


Daniella and her daughter, M : Klagenfurt, AT


With an old and dear friend. Daniella and I. : Klagenfurt, AT


Daniella's husband, Franz, is an architect. They live in a house that includes three generations. Franz's parents live on the ground floor and Daniella and Franz and their two children live on the upper two floors. He designed their living space, which has a very Seussical feel in the main room. That thing we're sitting against is actually part of the heating system for the house and Daniella says, in the winter it's particularly nice to sit here and read.

We stayed for two nights and it was lovely to catch up with an old friend. I wish we could have stayed longer and I hope we'll go back sooner than another 20 years!


Photo copyright: Janet M Kincaid, 5/2012. Bottom photo taken by Maya Lucchitta.

No comments: