Thursday, June 13, 2013

Colorful Burano

Obligatory Tourist Shot : Burano, IT

My favorite stop during our weekend in Venice was the island village of Burano. The brightly painted houses were such a contrast to the muted, soft tones of Venice and the drabness of Geneva. If we ever come back this way again, I think we'll stay on Burano and make a day trip to Venice.

Fresh Coat : Burano, IT

I loved stumbling on this bit of action. The sign on the door, which I did not photograph, seemed to indicate this is an artist's studio. What I especially love are all of the colors on the painter's ladder. Clearly, he has painted a number of houses in Burano.

Leaning Tower : Burano, IT

It may not be the tower in Pisa, but Burano's campanile definitely leans.


Photo copyright: Janet M Kincaid, 6/2013

No comments: