Thursday, November 12, 2009

At the Alpage III

Savoyard Reservist : Alpage : Annecy, FR

Continuing on with this... A few weeks ago, we went to the Alpage in Annecy, France. In October, the farmers and herders of the Alps bring their cows, goats, sheep, and various and sundry other animals down from the Alps and the meadows and back into the valleys and towns for the winter. When this yearly migration occurs, the towns and villages hold an alpage festival. These are just a few pictures from the events in Annecy, which is not far from Albertville, France, host of the 1992 Winter Olympics.

MORE PHOTOS a la Janet:


These are just a few of the 185 shots I took in Annecy that day. More than 2/3 of my photos were of the alpage. If I can figure out a way to load the video I shot of the parade of cow bells, I'll post it. (But no promises!) In the meantime, here is someone else's video from the Alpage. (Oddly, this video was shot the year before not that far from where I was actually standing this year!)

VIDEO:

No comments: