Friday, November 13, 2009

At the Alpage IV

Ringing of the Cow Bells : Alpage : Annecy, FR

Just a couple more shots from the Alpage. Today's feature the parade of the cow bells. My guess is, these are the farmer's with the highest producing cows in the region. They come through with these huge bells on yokes. Immediately behind them then come herds of cows. It's a pretty noisy, prestigious affair!

Goatherd and a sneaky pickpocket : Alpage : Annecy, FR

I featured this picture yesterday in my slideshow, but I like it so well and it has a story that I decided to post it. These goats and their herders stopped in front of where I was standing and, while they were waiting, the goat next to this woman kept trying to steal corn out of her basket. The two of the together we're pretty funny! She finally got hold of him and managed to get him to stop pickpocketing her long enough for me to take this photo.

Photo copyright: Janet M Kincaid, 10/09

LABELS: Alpage, Animals, Europe, France, Locale-Annecy, NaBloPoMo


No comments: