Friday, February 12, 2010

Arc d'Triomphe

Janeen and Janet at the Arc d'Triomphe : Paris, FR

This is a picture of me and Janeen at the Arc d'Triomphe after our visit to Sainte-Chapelle. While we were at Napolean's grand monument, there was a wreath laying ceremony at the Eternal Flame. Here's a bit of trivia for you: when President John F. Kennedy was assassinated, Mrs. Kennedy--remembering the Eternal Flame over the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier at the Arc d'Triomphe--requested a similar flame over her husband's grave at Arlington National Cemetery. To see a few more photos, visit my Picasa Web Album.

Photo taken by Antony from Bordeaux. Photo copyright: Janet M Kincaid, 1/10

5 comments:

James said...

I like this photo. The lighting is beautiful. I also like the color of the sky it reminds me of one of my post last year. It was taken around the same place and titled L'heure Bleue. I' don't remember if it was the same trip as when I took the picture but I was also fortunate enough to be at the Arc d'Triomphe during a a wreath laying ceremony, sadly those photos came out too dark.

Maya said...

Aww, you girls look sweet! I think it's because of you that I have now seen both of those flames!

Janet M Kincaid said...

James: My favorite time of day as a photographer is the blue hour. Absolutely love it! Thanks for your compliments on this photo. I'll be sure to have a look at yours, too.


Maya: We were definitely enjoying ourselves! Glad you've been to see both flames.

Rob said...

Love the color and mood here. I wish "the blue hour" would last a few more hours.

Was fun watching the traffic in the round-about. i was amazed to see bicyclists in the middle of the fray.

Maya said...

Rob: We saw people trying to JAYWALK across that circle!! Crazy! They got stopped by the cops (go figure).