Thursday, February 11, 2010

100 Strangers: Victoria

Victoria, the very friendly clerk at Diwali : Paris, FR

Between our jaunt from Sainte-Chapelle to the Arc d'Triomphe, we went back over to the Left Bank and the Diwali scarf store in the rue de la Huchette to pick up some gifts for a few people. (We'd also been there the day before, where Janeen and I bought ourselves alpaca hats and gloves.) The young lady working in the shop was very helpful and incredibly friendly, so I asked if I could take her picture. Her name is Victoria and she was happy to let me snap her photo.

All the pretty scarves and gloves make a visit to Diwali a must : Paris, FR

Contrary to popular belief (or myth), Parisians are some of the warmest people I've met. As long as you make even the smallest effort to engage them in French, they'll gladly speak English with you and this young lady was no exception!

Photo copyright: Janet M Kincaid, 1/10

3 comments:

Debi said...

A delightful portrait! Do you have a card that you give to your strangers with your blog address so they can see their portraits for themselves? I think Victoria would love this.

What an awesome shop, besides. Looks like you've traveled from France to Morocco.

Maya said...

Love the first photo! I agree that the Parisians are some of the nicest people!

Janet M Kincaid said...

Debi: Thanks! Yes, I have cards to give to folks but a) they have my old blog address on them and b) I forgot to take them with me. Big boo on my part. That said, I'm ordering new cards from Moo today!


Maya: Victoria was very helpful and quite enthusiastic. You would have enjoyed meeting her! Perhaps the next time we go to Paris...