Friday, February 26, 2010

Sure Sign of Spring?

Crocuses: A sure sign of spring? : Geneva, CH
(Click on image for better color.)

For the last couple of days, I've noticed a patch of crocuses (or is that crocii?) outside the cafeteria at work. Today, I brought my camera and macro lens with me. Some of the best advice I had last year came from Bob Crowe of St. Louis Daily Photo. We met for dinner in Washington, D.C., and he said, "When you buy a camera, don't worry about spending a lot on the body. Put your money in good glass." That's what I did. I bought a Nikkor 18-200 mm and a Tamron macro. It was the latter I used today and I have to say, I am very, very pleased with the results. Looking forward to spring and using this lens even more!

Crocuses in orange-yellow : Geneva, CH
(Click on image for better color.)

Photo copyright: Janet M Kincaid, 2/10

6 comments:

NG said...

Wow. Great!

Crocus always remind me of that song, It might as well be spring. "I haven't seen a crocus or a rosebud, or a robin on the wing..."

Oakland Daily Photo said...

We're all trying to capture a glimpse of Spring. I've been taking photos of the grape hyacinth growing in my yard. Have a good weekend.

Virginia said...

Well Miss DOF, show off! :)
V

Janet M Kincaid said...

NG: I love that song! Perfect for this.


Carolyn: I think we're all done with winter and ready to take on spring.


VJ: It's all in the lens, baby! All in the lens! Now where's Marley when I need a macro buddy?

Mr. J said...

Just spectacular. They look like paintings. I can't wait for the tulips and cherry blossoms to start bursting in D.C.

Maya said...

Well, I'm just glad you bought the same body brand as me so I can borrow your good glass. ;-)

Great shots!