Sunday, December 19, 2010

Swan, Swan, Butterfly...

Majesty : Geneva, CH

That's the opening line to a song by R.E.M. Unfortunately, no butterflies in today's post, but I did snap a lovely photo of a swan in Geneva the other evening. I'd never seen one of these birds outside a picture until I moved to this part of Europe. They're absolutely majestic.

12/20/10--Oops correction: Friend JaneAnne just reminded me that the words to the R.E.M. song are "Swan, swan, hummingbird..." She says this may mean I have to revoke my Child-of-the-80s membership card. Ack! Thanks for the correction, JA.

Photo copyright: Janet M Kincaid, 12/10

3 comments:

Maya said...

They always looks so pretty. Too bad they can be mean!

janeannechovy said...

Swan, swan, hummingbird is the lyric I remember. Do I need to revoke your "child of the 80s" card? ;)

Janet M Kincaid said...

Maya: They can definitely be aggressive, but they're so pretty when they're on the water.

JaneAnne: Ugh. I can't believe I got that wrong. Oddly, when I was typing it in, I thought, "That doesn't sound right." But I was too tired to check my lyrics. My bad. Thanks for the correction! xo