Sunday, January 9, 2011

2TC: Coffee/Tea

I always opt for the Herzkirsche--or any other tea, for that matter : Ferney-Voltaire, FR

It's been a long while since I participated in 2 Things Challenge, but as it's a new year, I thought I'd give it a go again. This week's challenge was Coffee/Tea. I wanted to mess around with my macro lens, so I set up a cup of tea and set my box of Teekanne Herzkirsche and Maya's bag of Starbuck's Christmas blend on the counter top and shot away.

Next week's 2 Things Challenge is Paint/Corner. Feel free to join in the fun!

Photo copyright: Janet M Kincaid, 1/11

6 comments:

Eeyore said...

Wow my German is rusty. I believe kirsche would be cherry, but Herz is slipping my mind.
Great entry and welcome back to the challenge.

Janet M Kincaid said...

Larry: Literally translated, it means heart (herz) cherry (kirsche). It's a lovely tea. Nice to be back into 2TC. I've noted next week's challenge and will try to participate in that, too.

Vivian aka Deborah said...

Great set up and beautiful photo, Janet. I love how all the colors coordinate. I am going to look for this tea, it sounds delicious.

Janet M Kincaid said...

Vivian: You might be able to order it from the German Gourmet Deli in Falls Church, Virginia. They import some Teekanne teas. Otherwise, you have to buy it in Germany and Austria. It may be available online, but I haven't tried that yet. I just buy my every time I'm in Basel visiting friends and we cross the border and shop in Germany. Let me know what you find...

Cele said...

Lately my taste buds have been peach tea (I wish Celestrial seasonings would bring back Apricot Honeybush.) But I adore all things cherry. hmmm, Maybe World Market will have it.

Janet M Kincaid said...

Cele: I like peach and apricot teas, too. I think the next time I go shopping for Teekanne in Germany, I'll look for something in those fruit families.