Thursday, July 7, 2011

Tower Bridge

Tower Bridge No. 1 : London, UK

There really is a London Bridge in London, but this--contrary to popular belief--isn't it. This, in fact, is Tower Bridge. We were too late for the Beefeater tour, so again, another thing to add to the "Next Time" list. Until my visit to London, I'd only ever seen photos of Tower Bridge. I don't remember these blue accents from other photos, so I don't know whether they're new or if the bridge has always looked like this. Either way, it's quite lovely.


 Tower Bridge No. 2 : London, UK


Home Sweet Home : Tower Bridge : London, UK

I don't know if you can see it, but there's a nest on the back of that gargoyle, which I thought was really cool! I don't know what kind of winged creature lives there, but s/he's gotta be one awesome bird!

Photo copyright: Janet M Kincaid, 6/11

No comments: