Thursday, May 28, 2009

Flower Girl


Market florist : Geneva, CH

The young woman in the center of the above photo noticed me taking pictures in the market and asked me if there was anything she could get for me when I was at her flower stand. Of course, she did this in French, which reduced me to saying, "No parle vous Francais" (or however you spell it. Sorry Francophiles and speakers of French.) She was gracious about it, though, and broke out her English. Then the woman with the red hair and the wrap came along actually wanting flowers (as opposed to just taking pictures of them) and she was off to be helpful.



The second picture is an example of how I'm trying to learn to tighten up my framing when I photograph people. Not an extraordinary picture, by any means, but just one more step in my growing comfort with photographing people. Now if I could just learn how to say, "May I take your picture and post it on my blog" in French, I'll be in tall cotton!

Photo copyright: Janet Kincaid, 05/09




No comments: