Friday, July 29, 2011

People-Watching, Prague Style

Two heads are better than one : Prague, CZ

I passed a lot of folks sitting on benches along the riverfront or leaning against the railing that separates the upper promenade from the lower promenades and piers. This couple was especially striking, because of the view they were enjoying of Prague's iconic castle.

Waiting : Prague, CZ

This woman appeared to be waiting for someone. I was most struck by her dark hair, fair skin, and the rosiness of her cheeks. This photo doesn't quite do her justice.

Discussion of Import : Prague, CZ

These two old guys where having a rather animated discussion on a bench outside St. Nicholas Church off the main square in Old Town. I have no idea what they were discussing, but it looked pretty serious. I caught them in a quiet moment.

Hackney No. 1 : Prague, CZ

I caught a couple of photos of this young lady--a hackney, or carriage driver--near the main square in Old Town. She looked positively bored out of her mind. And who can blame her? If I had to deal with tourists every day as my livelihood, I might become a little glassy-eyed, too!

Hackney No. 2 : Prague, CZ

Photo copyright: Janet M Kincaid, 7/11

1 comment:

Maya said...

Great people shots!